PST 7.2.3: Backing up your phone book
Ever thought for a couple minutes that you've lost your phone and found yourself thinking about all those numbers you're gonna lose? Yeah. Us too. Thats why backing up your phone book ever so often is a good thing. Because if you ever actually lose your phone (knock on wood) atleast you've got your precious contacts.
this guide we will be using:
* Motorola Razr V3C for Verizon
* Mini USB cable
* PST 7.2.3 - Phone Programmer [download unavailable]
PST 7.2.5 can be used instead [DOWNLOAD]
How to back up your phone book with PST
1. Connect your phone with the mini USB cable
(assuming you've installed PST) Click start and
then goto All Programs and find Motorola PST
and then click on Phone Programmer to start the
3. You will hear a series of USB chimes. After they stop goto File > New and then a window will pop up with icons - Click Phone Book File and then go ahead and click OK
4. Now we're ready to grab that phone book from your Razr. The phone drop down should have appeared, click Phone > Read
6. 100% = The phone book is ready for harvest. Your contacts have been plucked from your phone and entered into a window behind this progress window. It is now safe to disconnect the phone. Press the X in the top right of this window to get rid of it.
7. You'll find yourself at a list of your contacts in a more raw form. This method may cause entires with multiple numbers associated to the same name (IE: Mom > home > cell >etc.) to become seperate entries. Hey, atleast you have a backup.
8. Goto File > Save. Now save this .phb somewhere you'll easily remember, like the My Documents folder. Also name it something you'll remember like "Phone Book - 05/22/06.phb"
9. Wham. You've got some saved phone book action going on. No more worriess